Wednesday, October 11, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ GRATUITOUS

GRATUITOUS

Main Entry: gra·tu·itous
Pronunciation: gr&-'tü-&-t&s, -'tyü-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin gratuitus, from gratus
1 a : given unearned or without recompense b : not involving a return benefit, compensation, or consideration c : costing nothing : FREE
2 : not called for by the circumstances : UNWARRANTED [gratuitous insolence] [a gratuitous assumption]
- gra·tu·itous·ly adverb
- gra·tu·itous·ness noun


It's Wednesday WORD PLAY once again. I pondered sticking with the 'Seven Deadly Sins' theme I had going but greed, anger, sloth, gluttony didn't seem to have any appealing 'kick' to them. So I am moving onto something else today! In keeping it short and sweet, today's word is gratuitous.

Usage: I have to admit, I shocked myself by tossing out that gratuitous HNT-style picture of me at y'all last Friday in my 'Tidbits' post. But I seemed to have raised some eyebrows. Eat your heart out BrettCajun! LOL.

Again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word gratuitous in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. Just have fun with it!

10 Comments:

At Wed Oct 11, 02:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger Anthony said...

Personally I think gratuitous nudity is a wonderful thing and I hope that last Friday's HNT post is not your last :)

Thanks for stopping by. An absolute pleasure to make your accquaintance Tony.

 
At Wed Oct 11, 03:39:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

Reading your posts gives me gratuitous joy.

 
At Wed Oct 11, 05:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Brett recently posted gratuitous photos of himself to TRUMP the ratings of Tony's blog. ;)I think it is working. Slab is always a surefire ratings HIT. ;)

 
At Wed Oct 11, 07:34:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kevin said...

In a gratuitous plug for my own blog, I'm going to say that re: your comment on my blog, I'm not out to family at all (but then again I hardle ever see/speak to them, nor to anyone at my day job. Pretty much only in my acting life am I out -- and not even completely there either.

Take your time. We'll both get there eventually.

And seriously, look me up when you get to Orlando. Not that I'll probably be able to get anywhere near your hunkiness once everyone else surrounds you! ;)

 
At Wed Oct 11, 09:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

but I will leave a gratuitious comment rather.

 
At Wed Oct 11, 11:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Gratuitous sex is not the fastest to building a healthy relationship, but is sure makes the trip enjoyable.

 
At Wed Oct 11, 01:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Personally I like the gratuitous use of words like greed and gluttony as long as we're talking about pushy bottoms and insatiable tops (eg) See Tony, those sin words could be SO much fun still!

 
At Wed Oct 11, 04:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Gratuitocity (is that a word, LOL)is a trait which I personally, find annoying - unless I'm the recipient LOL.

 
At Wed Oct 11, 05:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger Doug said...

I am always giving gratuitous service to my customers but none of them ever seem to notice. I think I should put out a tip jar and it would no longer be gratuitous!

 
At Wed Oct 11, 06:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Mike said he can't stand the gratuitous violence that happens in the world today.

I asked him to make a sentence, I was shocked he didn't make it about sex.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home