Monday, October 09, 2006

"WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" MONDAY (#5)

I had a great weekend. I guess all the stresses of needing an internship, needing to get into an Art history class, and worrying if I'd be able to go to Orlando for Pride just melted away with their resolution by the end of last week. I took in my little 5-year old and 6-year old niece's and nephew's soccer games. They always managed to give me a laugh. I did some more manipulating of my brother-in-law's log for his start-up company. And I spent some time lounging by the pool. See, we Californians still get nice temperate 70s at this time of year.

Anyway, let's get rollin' with "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" Monday.

Today's question is: What would you do if your friend invited you to a clothing optional beach/location?

Hmmm! Should I be honest here? Well, yes...I've always been honest so why change now. It's what makes me 'ME.' I have never been to a clothing optional beach. I attempted to take the bull by the horn for the first time last December when I was in Maui. I had gone with my brother for the week. The day I decided to do it, he was to be in the hotel for about three hours on an important business deal. I headed down to Little Makena Beach, the one spot on the island where generally there is not harassment of people desiring to go in the buff. I was no more than a fifty yards from my rental vehicle when my cell phone rang. It was my brother. I answered it and he was in a panic. He said he could not get Internet access at the hotel and that I needed to come back immediately. He had said I might need to drive him to another hotel to get access. Man, was I pissed. Here I was in paradise with an opportunity to be naked and crash, it all came to an abrupt end. Needless to say my brother had a connection by the time I drove 20 minutes back to the hotel.

I had one opportunity when I was in Florida in August to do the same. Let's just say the space shuttle launch put an abrupt end to it. The base closes off any beach access when a launch is to take place within the week. But to answer the real question above, yes, I would go to the clothing optional beach if asked by a friend, as long as discretionary judgment is used with respect to any children in the area. Sorry that's just me at this stage. I try to respect other adults' parameters especially when it comes to their children.

So there...my thoughts on this topic. Let us know what you would do in this uniquely 'freeing' situation. ;-)

18 Comments:

At Sun Oct 08, 11:51:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go without thinking twice. The only thing that would stop me from going buff is if I was the only one doing it. There would have to be at least one other person who has opted out of clothing, too, so I don;t just look like a perv. I love being naked. If I could go all day like that without getting arrested I would.

What's odd about me though is that as much as I like being bare assed, I don't like wearing revealing clothing. For me its be dressed or be undressed. Not in between.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 03:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I would love to take a friend to a nude beach - have been going to the one here since I was in HS... as long as there are high dunes and deep water, there are other activites that could also take place... nothing like sex on the beach under the warm sun... as long as the Park Rangers are not around... Canaveral is a National Park - so those pesky Federal laws seem to apply - but it is interesting - they are a lot more lax on people who are "fooling around" then they are on people who walk on the dunes - THAT they will bust your ass for everytime!

 
At Mon Oct 09, 04:09:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I would go in a heartbeat... I would just be worried about keeping a certain something under control... I don't know that I would actually go bare assed myself... depends on how many vodka/frescas I had in me I guess...

 
At Mon Oct 09, 05:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

For me the question would not be whether to go or not. I would go. Once the issue that it was private and consensual (no children, etc.) was settled, my question would be whether to be naked or not - and that question would not be about being naked per se, but about sunburn and heat. I sunburn easily and hate heat.

As for the clothing optional issue, I have loved my infrequent opportunities to go camping with some buddies at a semi-local clothing optional campground. When there, sometimes I is and sometimes I ain't.

Of course with my body, I often hear the cries, "Put it on! Put it on!" LOL!

 
At Mon Oct 09, 05:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Doug said...

There is NO BLOODY WAY! :)

 
At Mon Oct 09, 06:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

I'd go if my friend was not in better shape then me.

Besides, I'm so hairy, you'd think I'm wearing a dark T and tights.

lol

 
At Mon Oct 09, 07:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

I haven't done this in a while but I love to go naked in nature given the opportunity. My fav place for it is San Gregorio Beach just south of Half Moon Bay. It is one of the most gorgeous stretches of beach I've found in CA and hard to believe that it is private property owned by Rancho San Gregorio. $5/carload so a better deal if you bring some buds.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 08:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Curtis said...

I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. We're too hung up on the whole nudity thing. It's just skin. However, I would need some sun block!

 
At Mon Oct 09, 10:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I've been to many clothing optional resorts, but not a beach. While the resort mentality is fine I know I wouldn't feel all that comfortable at a nude beach, but you know if that friend was G (the guy I'm dating now) I don't think I'd have any reservations about it.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 11:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Going "skyclad" doesn't phase me anymore. I would go.
I rather enjoy such - but I admit 'the beach' would be a new experience for me!

 
At Mon Oct 09, 11:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

My parent took me to a nude beach when I was 11 years old. None of us got nude, I guess we were just there to oggle the naked people, which I certainly did.
I have been to many nude beaches and am the first one to strip. I love the feeling of being naked outside on the beach. And the eye candy is fabulous. A lot of nude beaches have little "areas" where special moments can occur, too...if you know what I mean...

 
At Mon Oct 09, 12:16:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

While I'm very body conscious and probably would not do so under mixed company and in such a public setting, if there were a very private beach and it were friends I were with whom I felt comfortable around and they were also naked, I'd probably join in.

Or, just give me a couple screwdrivers and let me loose. That would work too.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 12:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

I'm so self-conscious about my body that I would quickly tell my friend, "No." But I would ask him to take a camera just in case.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 04:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Oh my gosh, I've been to so many nude beaches, so sure. As long as it's a nude beach and not against the law, I'm game. Although I find myself much more modest than I used to be

 
At Mon Oct 09, 04:32:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

that is a hot picture too, where did you get that one, what would you do if you found that man in the buff out in the woods swimming buff in the nude.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 04:34:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

I'd do a nude beach in a heartbeat!

 
At Mon Oct 09, 05:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

I've been bare ass at Baker Beach in San Francisco and Stinson Beach...loved it both times.

 
At Tue Oct 10, 03:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Hell yea I'd go. Is it bad if you bring a camera?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home