Friday, October 27, 2006

THE LATEST, GREATEST NEWS

Well...if you caught my tidbit segment from yesterday, you know that I was anticipating the news of being an uncle again. Yet there were some worries about my sister, given the lack of contact from either my brother-in-law or my mom. Thank goodness its all over with. I am an uncle again. Number 10!!! My sister did have a problem with dilating the last few centimeters. Plus the doctor found the baby improperly rotated in the womb. The baby had not turned around in my sister's womb so that his face would be looking at the floor when he came out (not to be confused with a breach birth). And the little bugger would not cooperate turning around. As a result, the Doc had to perform a "C"-section.

But all is well. Sean Thomas was born around 10:30pm yesterday (25th) at 7lbs. 12 ounces and 19 inches. He's fair-skinned and has blondish hair...so the name seems to fit the 'profile.' Now recently-born Angelo Joseph has a cousin just about two weeks younger than him. By the way, Angelo is dark-haired with somewhat of an olive complexion. I think the Italian name befits Angelo's looks as well. He came in at 7lbs., 19.25 inches.

As I mentioned yesterday, I sooooooooooo love being an uncle. I just wish I could see them in person. I am hoping to post some pictures of the two darlin' babes within a week or two.

Guess I have nothing more to say. Plus I am running tired these days. Seems like the job (my Internship) is reminding me what real work was like. Ya know though...I am so glad to be part of the working world again. School is for the youth! Not to say that I am old in any means...I just don't think we, as adults, need to revisit the mondaneness of homework, etc.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

15 Comments:

At Fri Oct 27, 01:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger kevin said...

Congratulations on becoming an uncle yet again. It's another christmas present for you to buy!

Have a great time.
Kev in NZ

 
At Fri Oct 27, 03:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Congrads!!!!

 
At Fri Oct 27, 03:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Congrats Uncle Stroker - you WILL let them call you that won't you? I know how important your family is to you - and how happy another addition makes you all... I really am happy for you Tony!

 
At Fri Oct 27, 04:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

Congratulations Uncle Tony

 
At Fri Oct 27, 05:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

Hey! Add my "congrats, unc * 10" to the list! I can tell you make a good uncle too!

I'm also enjoying reading of your progress and you work through your internship. I went back to school "post facto" and got another degree so I have a sense of your statement about being "for the youth", but as a student and now as one who teaches college part time I can tell you that the best students are the older ones. They are there because they want to be and not just to party or because Mom and Dad or Uncle Sam are paying for it. It makes all the difference in the world.

We know you're doing great, but we want to know if we'll all be invited to the "graduation party". LOL!

 
At Fri Oct 27, 07:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

oh what a delight that must be to have so many nieces and nephews! Still, it must be challenging at birthdays and christmas time!
I am glad the kid is Sean Thomas and not John Thomas; I dissuaded a patient from using that name on their up and coming boy, as it means something more in England.

 
At Fri Oct 27, 03:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

congrats again Uncle Stroker, sorry couldn't resist.

 
At Fri Oct 27, 08:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Doug said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations!

 
At Fri Oct 27, 10:15:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Congratulations again! Is there a number 11 for next week?

 
At Sat Oct 28, 03:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger daveincleveland said...

congrats on being an uncle again...nice thing about that is you can spoil the crap out of the kids and then they go home ...good times with my neices and nephews....:)

 
At Sat Oct 28, 02:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mike said...

Congratulations, Uncle Tony. I have 9 nephews and 7 nieces. And 3 grand nephews and 1 grandniece. It's great to know that somebody's still procreating. :-)

 
At Sat Oct 28, 08:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

ongrats buddy! I will never know that feeling I guess. My brother is 40 and still single and he is my only sibling. Oh well.

 
At Sun Oct 29, 06:21:00 PM PST, Blogger mattviews said...

Hey Tony, I enjoy your pics from Florida a lot. I'm in Japan now, will write more later. Just to say hello!!! :)

 
At Tue Oct 31, 12:48:00 AM PST, Blogger Shamelle said...

Congrads!

 
At Thu Nov 02, 05:48:00 PM PST, Blogger S said...

Wow. 10. Congrats.

When I became an uncle a few years ago, it changed my personal perspective and led me to become someone less selfish and more giving.

And, I like dressing her up in pretty clothes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home