Thursday, October 26, 2006

THE BRUSH'S COLORFUL DAUBS ~ MISCELLANEOUS TIDBITS #8


I apologize for no real post today other than to share a few morsels of news and other tidbits with you.

What city are you?:
Well, I got this from Dave over at David's Daily Dramas. He actually pulled it from someone else's blog. I think my result suits my personality!

You Are New York

Cosmopolitan and sophisticated, you enjoy the newest in food, art, and culture.
You also appreciate a good amount of grit - and very little shocks you.
You're competitive, driven, and very likely to succeed.

Famous people from New York: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tupac Shakur, Woody Allen

An Uncle - Twice Over?:
Part of me was not real motivated to post as I am waiting on one of my four sisters to deliver her first child. She has been in labor, at various stages, over the past three days. She finally went into the hospital yesterday morning, Wednesday, and at 4:30 she was 7-8 centimeters dialated, having already received an epidural for pain. 9 centimeters is delivery stage. The concern though at the time that this post was written, nearly midnight, was that I had not received any news of my sister having delivered little Sean Thomas yet. I don't think that's the best news - generally when a woman reaches 8 centimeters she probably is ready to "pop" within 1-2 hours later if not sooner. It's been nearly 8 hrs since reaching 8 centimeters. I ever called the room and the nurse's station. No responses.

One bit of good news those was that another sister of mine delivered a healthy boy, Angelo, almost two weeks. So now I am an uncle to 4 nieces and 'soon-to-be' 6 nephews. Two brand newborns...damn I wish I was home in the Bay Area. I'd be babysitting in a flash!

EXTRA!! ~Internship News:
I am about ready to wrap up my second week of internship. And quite honestly...I am loving it. I don't think I could ask for a better group of people to be working with. We work as a unit. My fellow co-workers have been so good to patiently explain procedures. Who knows? I may actually find that I like doing commercial design work after all. We'll just have to let that play out. Now I just have to worry about the 10 page paper I need to eek in within the next week as part of the internship program. It's not that hard but part of it involves interviewing a Residential Designer, in my case. I still need to find one, and find a moment of spare time to get out and meet this person.

Giving Out A Shout!:
I just wanted to say that if any of you are interested in good-looking 'bears' and what they have to say, you might want to pop into My Weblog - A Life of a Bare Bear. The furry critter happens to be Mike, Derek's partner. Mike has been playin' around a bit with webcam so you can actually hear a voice associated with the face and get a bit of his personality. I think he happens to be a 'keeper.' "Knock 'em dead MIKE. Just get out and visit some blogs too!"

10 Comments:

At Thu Oct 26, 02:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I am New York also - wanna be my roommate?

 
At Thu Oct 26, 02:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Well great things going your way - and congrads on both!

 
At Thu Oct 26, 04:34:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

I am Las Vegas. How fitting that I basically wrote the same thing that applies on my blog yesterday before taking this quiz.

You are Las Vegas:
Wild and uninhibited, you enjoy all of life's vices.
You're a total hedonist, especially with sex, gambling, and drinking.
You shine brightly every night, but you do the ultimate walk of shame each morning.

Famous Las Vegas residents: Wayne Newton, Howard Hughes, Penn & Teller, Siegfried & Roy

 
At Thu Oct 26, 05:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

buddy, this is wonderful news, I'm so happy for you! Spider looks so cute in that picture below. Miss you bunches! I could go for a big Tony hug!

 
At Thu Oct 26, 02:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I'm... Austin? Ok, why am I stuck in Texas, that's just so wrong on so many levels.

 
At Thu Oct 26, 03:58:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegas here - AH cheap tawdry fun and not pretty in the morning... Yeah that's me.

 
At Thu Oct 26, 08:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

splendid news all around!

 
At Thu Oct 26, 09:17:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the arrivals. glad you are enjoying your internship.

That test is f-ed up. Proof? I got Miami.

 
At Thu Oct 26, 09:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

I am glad to hear your having good news.

And if you and Spider lived together in NY I could come down on the weekends and crash or you too could come up and crash. Sounds like a good thing.

 
At Fri Oct 27, 07:32:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for checking out my blog check out the new stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home