Thursday, November 23, 2006

THANKFUL FOR....


Thanksgiving conjures up a number of things for me, past and present. I am thankful to have been graced with...

...my faith,
...family,
...family get-togethers and dinners,
...friends,
...an abundance of food,
...freedom,
...financial stability (though currently am wondering about that),
...success in interior design school (though admittedly there have been times I still don't envision my self as good enough),
...and the hush and tranquility around the neighborhoods on this day.

These are only a few of the items that cross my mind. But on this day I also take time to remember. Remember...

...the homeless and the hungry throughout our cities and throughout the world,
...family members and friends who have passed on,
...those men and woman who gave their lives for us at time of war to live amidst freedom,
...and those individuals who do not benefit the freedoms we do socially, religiously, and economically.

I hope each of you finds a moment to be thankful and to remember. To all of my family, to all of my closest friends, and to those of you that read and /or communicate with me from Blogland, I wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings and so much more as we step into the 2006 holiday season. Wish I could reach through the computer and give each of you a holiday hug. Enjoy yourselves and please think 'safety' too.

Addendum: I am so happy to be home for Thanksgiving after 4 years. I just saw the first of my two new nephews, Angelo, and guys, he's killer handsome. Let's just say that I don't think any guy I've kissed has received as many as my nephew did in one sitting. And tomorrow I see little Sean. Wahoo!

Some Turkey Day Humor



12 Comments:

At Wed Nov 22, 11:23:00 PM PST, Blogger Mark said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tony! Great post. Thanks for your emails :)

 
At Thu Nov 23, 03:45:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy those nephews!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 04:33:00 AM PST, Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Tony. Great cartoons!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 05:49:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Tony - what a beautiful post - have a WONDERFUL Holiday and enjoy the family - I know you will...

 
At Thu Nov 23, 05:52:00 AM PST, Blogger Stephen said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tony. Enjoy the time spent with your family, there is no greater blessing than friends and family.

 
At Thu Nov 23, 08:33:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tony!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 10:21:00 AM PST, Blogger Jimmi said...

Happy Thanksgiving! LOL I love the cartoons, especially the last one!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 10:24:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

you are a very fortunate man.
Happy Thanksgiving and many more to that clan of yours!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 02:55:00 PM PST, Blogger Mike said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tony!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 06:01:00 PM PST, Blogger rodger said...

Happy Thanksgiving Tony and enjoy the nephews. They grow up quick!

 
At Thu Nov 23, 09:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Maddog said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Enjoy the leftovers

 
At Thu Nov 23, 10:03:00 PM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I'm pooped, they wore out Uncle Dig-It
Awesome post, I'm thankful for you Mr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home