Friday, November 17, 2006

ANOTHER FRIDAY'S "WHAT'S UP FOR THE WEEKEND?"


12:06 am Work seems to be kicking my butt more and more these days...mind you it's a good thing. The bad thing is that I am finding in hard to do Friday posts 'cause, come Thursday night, all I am doing is thinking about going to bed and sleeping in a little on Friday. I don't know about you, call me weird, but I actually enjoyed hearing what you all had plans to do last weekend.

So with that mentioned , I'd love to know,
"What's up for the weekend?" Remember, it can be simple and basic to something extreme. Anything is worth mentioning.

I tend to incorporate Friday days into my weekend accountability. Plan on sleeping in this morning. Then heading on out to get my long-overdue haircut. I will then make a few phone calls to friends (hmmm! Spidie, Pete, BrettC, Audrey), including yet another series of tries to this hard-to-reach individual. Oh yah ~ much like the Cajun, I need to squeeze in a workout. In fact, I need to get myself back on a committed weekly schedule of diet and workout like I had three to four months ago. Then its off to the local library to do some research on Mia Lin, the designer of the Vietnam War Memorial.

On Saturday, I need to meet with my brother-in-law to share some of my thoughts on his company log. Remember, that was the logo I designed, or at least I thought. I knew he was going to have to get a graphic designer to finish out the color element and clean-up of the logo. But I never thought this designer would nearly scrap all the ideas I had and design something that in my mind looks awfully close to the Chase Manhattan log/credit card. Guess I am a little biased toward my efforts. I'll also start a short paper I have to do on the International Style of architecture.

Lastly Sunday. Probably I will be stuck finishing the short paper I just described to you. Beyond that I have no idea other than I am liable to be on the phone fighting for Josh Groban concert tickets that go on sale for a March Staples Center concert (L.A.).

SIMPLY THRILLED THAT THE WEEKEND IS UPON US! Let me know what you have planned.

18 Comments:

At Fri Nov 17, 03:22:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

Josh is going to be at the Scotia Center (Ottawa, ON) in February. Of course that 2 states and a country away from us, but I'm kind of half considering it.

Nothing much this weekend here. Grading papers, taking tree trimming to recycling, straightening up.

Have a great one, Tony. (and I'll bet any day your logo is better!)

 
At Fri Nov 17, 03:43:00 AM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

Pretty low-key weekend ahead for me. Last week - I boasted about the beach, but I was too tired to make that happen! LOL. You may be surprised to find that the only highlight of this coming weekend will be attending the 're-opening ceremony of the first Catholic Church in America.' Tony, you would be stunned at the interior/exterior renovation of this Church - back to it's original appearance when it was first built. I went to the lighting ceremony earlier this week - and it is absolutely beautiful. What I find ironically funny about this is the church is within Mt Vernon - Baltimore's gay district.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 04:05:00 AM PST, Blogger Jake said...

Not much planned for the weekend here. It's going to busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to next week with only having to work two days...Woo Hoo!

 
At Fri Nov 17, 04:31:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

I have to work both Saturday and Sunday. Sigh. But I have Friday and Monday off! I am not planning much. I think I might go to Barnes and Noble and do a little book shopping and get a coffee. But I like things to be relatively low key.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 04:32:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Me, well find out the damage due on the Jeep and paint the kitchen... would like to have it done before Thanksgiving...

 
At Fri Nov 17, 06:52:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

Saturday is very busy. Have a pre-TDay lunch at my mom's with her relatives from Tampa. After that I am getting together with Mark's sister and husband to show them around the area where they are building their house (they want to know what stores and restaurants are around the area) and then dinner with them. Sunday I am hoping to get worked over by this leather Master I've met and Sunday evening will be recuperating from the earlier session. :-)

 
At Fri Nov 17, 09:18:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

We're heading to the Medieval Faire Saturday or Sunday.

Not much planned other than that. We'll probably do some work on the house.

And we'll sleep!

 
At Fri Nov 17, 10:43:00 AM PST, Blogger Brad said...

I'm hanging and finishing drywall at a friend's investment property Saturday.

Oh the joy!

 
At Fri Nov 17, 02:10:00 PM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Palm Springs!
Nude bathing and tubbing!
Good friends and friends!
and
Sleep!

 
At Fri Nov 17, 03:07:00 PM PST, Blogger Bigg said...

Hmmm.... I think I'll get laid...

 
At Fri Nov 17, 03:39:00 PM PST, Blogger rodger said...

Watching the Ohio/Michigan game on Saturday and hopefully the Leonid meteor shower Saturday night. Of course its Oregon so it may rain and block our view.

Sunday, probably a movie, a run with the dog and laundry.

Well...Saturday has potential anyway.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 04:24:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm chopping and stacking wood. I hate that chore the most, but I'm freezing!

 
At Fri Nov 17, 04:42:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Saturday Morning is.. give the dog a bath, then go to the gym, then head into SF, with a short stop along the way to check out a back path for next weekends' ALC training ride.. Then Cowboy and I will walk up and down Castro, do a little shopping then head out to Walnut Creek to meet up with some friends, then we will go Country Western Dancing... Then Sunday I hope to get the next post in "MY GAY LIFE" done and then I will make breakfast and then head home again.

 
At Sat Nov 18, 05:47:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

well not much of anything since I'm sitting here trying to get over my neck pain, I knew I was getting to old for those headspins on the dance floor.

Just sitting around picking up here and there, but being lazy mostly.

 
At Sat Nov 18, 08:40:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

I had wanted to go out to the Peninsula this weekend to visit the folks, but I see that is not in the plans, it being Saturday morning already. So, I guess this is the rest of the weekend:

*HIS 111 research paper
*Cultural Ecology ethnography paper
*HIS 112 oral history project
*convert the youth of america to gay hedonism
*take over the world
*corrupt the Bf a little more
*notetaking on the various rights movements of the Sixties
*paper comparing/contrasting said movements
*fine dinner
*a wee bit of tele
*bedtime

 
At Sun Nov 19, 07:17:00 AM PST, Blogger mattviews said...

Birthday parties, dinners, one after another. :)

 
At Sun Nov 19, 10:26:00 AM PST, Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Hey Tony,
Finally getting to see your blog. Will be back!

Rick

 
At Sun Nov 19, 12:40:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

I'll see you in a week or so as I most likely won't be online :) Have a good holiday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home