Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ MESOMORPHIC

MESOMORPHIC

Main Entry: me·so·mor·phic
Pronunciation: "me-z&-'mor-fik, "mE-, -s&-
Function: adjective
Etymology: mesoderm + -morphic; from the predominance in such types of structures developed from the mesoderm
1 : of or relating to the component in W. H. Sheldon's classification of body types that measures especially the degree of muscularity and bone development
2 : having a husky muscular body build
- me·so·mor·phy /'me-z&-"mor-fE, -s&-/ noun


My Bud, Joe.

Thank goodness it's Wednesday! I have been working my little 'arse' off this week between a school final paper and presentation, work, and getting myself back into weightlifting and a diet routine. It's amazing how a month of infrequent exercise and some excess 'sweets' can literally send your hard work pummeling backwards. I am so sore in my shoulder, pec, and lower back regions. But fear not, JOE is here! Joe happens to be a good friend of mine. I may have mentioned him very early on when I first started my blog. Anyway, only two more days and I'll be seeing him and his partner for dinner. And oh! Did I happen to tell you that he is a masseuse - a very good masseuse. I have a sneaky suspicion that my muscles will feel real good after my pre-dinner massage. Oh baby - Calgon (*insert 'JOE' here) take me away!! LMAO.

Enough! Time to move on with Wednesday WORD PLAY! Today's word choice is mesomorphic.

Usage: Perhaps Joe does not accurately represent the 'husky' in the definition of mesomorphic but damn, he sure has the 'muscular body build' hammered! And just think, he's all mine for two hours of pure bliss. If I can't have Jack Radcliffe, at least I have Joe.

So...again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word mesomorphic in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. As always, just have fun with it!

P.S. Sorry guys for not getting around to your blogs in the last day or two. The presentation had me tied up and then I volunteered Monday and last night to help my two dear friends from design school with their Historical Preservation boards. I'll be around soon.

9 Comments:

At Wed Dec 06, 02:43:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

While I would SO LOVE to me mesomorphic, I got stuck being endomorphic...

 
At Wed Dec 06, 03:46:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

I do not care if your bud Joe is mesomorphic or not. Before he'd get the "p" out in "jump", I'd say "how high". His wish would be my command. Man-o-days, what a hunk!

 
At Wed Dec 06, 03:55:00 AM PST, Blogger Jake said...

Each time I look at bigmusclebears I become mesomorphic with the pictures. I'd love to see a bar full of guys who have profiles on the site.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 05:06:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

Yep that Joe is definately mesmorphic, Now I want be able to get that mesmorphic image out of my head today, damn I need a massage, or maybe just some roughing up! Woof!

 
At Wed Dec 06, 05:43:00 AM PST, Blogger Kevin said...

Holy shit. He could crush me.

What a way to go.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 08:52:00 AM PST, Blogger john said...

I think my attraction to Greek men has something to do with their mesomorphic bodies. It probably explains why I love dark hair, bronzy skin and muscular bodies.

That was a poor attempt at using the word.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 11:00:00 AM PST, Blogger The Persian said...

I can't imagine the discipline necessary to obtain such a mesomorphic physique.

:)

 
At Wed Dec 06, 06:22:00 PM PST, Blogger Pete said...

Where did you get taht pic of him? It's not posted in his profile. You holding out on us?

 
At Fri Dec 08, 10:33:00 AM PST, Blogger matthew said...

um... is your bud looking for new buds? wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home