Thursday, December 07, 2006

FRIDAY'S "WHAT'S UP FOR THE WEEKEND?"

I love Fridays...at least at the moment. My work week ended yesterday. But given the hectic run earlier this week, it concluded on a very good note. I had gotten my internship review from my employer earlier this week which pleased me.

Today while the other two designers were out at lunch, my employer hit me with a statement that caught me off-guard. She started by asking me what I was going to be doing once school was done. She went on to inquire how I was feeling about commercial work. I was honest and told her that while Residential Design was still an interest, I was actually enjoying Commercial Design more. My employer went on to say that everyone at the firm thought I was doing well and that I was a welcomed edition.

So where am I going with all this babbling. In a round-about way, my employer was telling me I had a job after my internship if I wanted it. I told her I had been actually thinking about picking up a part-time job once the internship ended in January to obtain much needed income. However I emphasized to my employer that my last class was important and was taking priority with respect to my time. She encouraged me to think about it for a spell but to let her know sometime in the near future as they were getting ready to post on MONSTER.COM. There you have it. I felt quite honored to know that I am appreciated already and there is a bit of ease knowing I have something to fall back on if needed.

Guess we are at that point where I ask, "What's up for your weekend?"

Mine....
  • Friday: Shopping for birthday cards and X-mas presents; hitting the bank; getting my workout in for the day; then heading off for my "golden massage" and dinner with two dear friends.
  • Saturday: Begin to work on my spaceplanning of the two area changes given to me in my Senior Project II class before I dropped; workout; fill the rest of the day with whatever is needed; and maybe make a few personal phone calls to this person, or this person, or this person, or this person.
  • Sunday: Do some Christmas cards, I hope, and wrap some gifts; chill time or possibly some more Senior Project spaceplanning.

Boring, aye!!! Sometimes things just go that way.

So let me know what's on your 'table?' I always enjoy hearing. As before, Happy Holidays!!

15 Comments:

At Fri Dec 08, 02:57:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

cookies and cards

 
At Fri Dec 08, 05:03:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

Let's see...party at my mom's tonight. Going to try and do all my Christmas shopping tomorrow. I really don't have a lot to buy this year so I'm hoping. I'm also hoping to get started on the Christmas cards. Mark returns Saturday evening and it's back to my mom's for her family Christmas celebration because she will be out of town during Christmas and New Years. On Sunday I'm sure Mark will want to sleep from his trip and then go through mail and watch DVR before shows start falling off. In the afternoon we have lunch at France with my mom and will then see the Candle Light Processional. Busy weekend for us.

And please give us great detail next week on your massage. ;-) Have fun!

 
At Fri Dec 08, 06:15:00 AM PST, Blogger The Persian said...

Boring is often relaxing and sometimes when life is hectic all week long we need that.

Friday: Working till 3 and then possibly some xmass shopping.

Saturday: Taking the kids to see a film we are exited about.

Sunday: working 2nd shift 2-11 yuk

Hope yours is enjoyable!!

:)

 
At Fri Dec 08, 06:18:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Me... lets see, I need to do everything I didn't get done last weekend - Brad (ex roommate Brad, not Southern Expressions Brad) is coming into town on Tuesday so I need to make sure that the cottage is clean, the comfortor has been washed, there are clean towels, etc...

 
At Fri Dec 08, 06:25:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

that does not sound at all boring
although you are quite a tease with this massage matter - won't you tell us the contents therein?

My weekend consists of falling asleep in tonight's play 'Doubt"
Massive amounts of paperwork.
An obligatory office party (see my entry today).
Mass. More paperwork. The bell choir plays a Christmas concert on Sunday afternoon.
I would like to do some shopping at some point.
hohoho this decadent lifestyle we lead!

 
At Fri Dec 08, 07:49:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

It's awesome to hear about your situation at your internship. Ain't it great to know you're appreciated? :)

We're attending the Christmas party of a good friend/former roomate in St. Pete. We haven't seen him in several years, so we're looking forward to it.

Other than that, nada but recovering from the week.

Hope you have a great weekend!

 
At Fri Dec 08, 09:25:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

I have no idea, the whole weekend is up in the air, it's my birthday weekend, so I guess anything I want, or just let it all be a surprise, Mike works tomorrow so hopefully get some Christmas shopping done.

 
At Fri Dec 08, 10:04:00 AM PST, Blogger Greg said...

Great news about the potential job offer!!

As for this weekend, tonight, I'm decking the halls with the tree and all its trimmings. Tomorrow, we're going to try to catch Volver at the Edwards South Coast Village. Sunday will be a do-nothing-but-sleep-in day.

 
At Fri Dec 08, 01:56:00 PM PST, Blogger A Lewis said...

So, the massage keeps getting dangled right in front of our faces....I looked at his site...yum yum. We've just finished a fiasco in the kitchen trying to bake some Christmas cookies (check out my posting later on). Going downtown in a few hours to check out the stores and Christmas lights and then to our 9th anniversary dinner at an Italian place. Saturday is pickup some flowers at 10, open house at a friend's home at noon, and a party in the evening. Sunday is church and then help a friend in the afternoon. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (busy)!

 
At Fri Dec 08, 03:35:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday: Work & Reading your blog

Saturday: Workout and Shopping oh and seeing the San Francisco Gay Man's Chorus sing at our church.

Sunday: Do some Christmas cards, I hope, and wrap some gifts; chill time.

 
At Fri Dec 08, 04:39:00 PM PST, Blogger digital t-square said...

Congratulations on job offer! That's says a lot of you and your work ethic. You must have really worked hard and made a great impression to have scored a job offer. Way to go!

 
At Fri Dec 08, 06:02:00 PM PST, Blogger Jason said...

O.K., what exactly is a 'Golden Massage"?

 
At Sat Dec 09, 03:52:00 PM PST, Blogger Moby said...

sleep, gym, Xbox, TV. . .
sleep, gym, Xbox, TV. . .
sleep, gym, Xbox, TV. . .

That about sums it up. Oh, I'll squeeze eating in there somewhere.

 
At Sat Dec 09, 08:10:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decking the halls and trimming the tree. We need a little Christmas. Right this very minute.

 
At Sun Dec 10, 08:43:00 PM PST, Blogger mattviews said...

Congrat to your internship.

Writing, reading, writing, working on thesis.

Went to see The Queen, a movie about how QE copes with arranging Di's funeral.

I finished Xmas cards last week. Now I have to send e-cards to those whose addresses I don't have. Happy Holidays to you too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home