Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? (#30)

Another Tuesday is upon us and we have less than a week now until Christmas. Hopefully each of you has most of your shopping done, if not all of it, and you can cruise into the holiday weekend, enjoying it. And given what today is, it's time to stroll into another HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? Tuesday post.

Let's get things started. The question for today is:
If you had a choice to spend your Christmas morning anywhere other than your home, how would like to spend it? I'm leaving the question open-ended as I feel it warrants it.
This is an easy question for me. Ever since visiting Europe my first time back in 1982, I have dreamed of returning to this one place at Christmas time. This small town is phenomenal to visit during the non-winter months but I see it so vividly as a storybook village during the snowy winter months.

What town am I referring to? It's Salzburg, Austria. I see myself staying in the old historical portion of Salzburg, criss-crossed with cobblestone streets. I see myself waking up to snow softly falling outside while lying in clean white linens, snuggled under a fluffy down comforter. I see villagers strolling the streets all bundled up, local choirs singing in the old Gothic and Baroque churches, the smell of yummy pastries and applestrudel permeating the air. I see myself sitting in the guesthouse's public living area soaking up the warm heat of a crackling fire, sipping on some rich European hot chocolate, gazing outside and admiring the snow-covered Austrian Alps with the lush forests below.

Darn...now I have myself all worked up over the thought of Salzburg. One of these days I will make this dream happen. Trust me! I don't know when, but I will make it happen.

So I just have to hear your thoughts - 'spill the beans' please!

15 Comments:

At Tue Dec 19, 02:55:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

In a log cabin with a large stone fireplace [with fire roaring], in the middle of a remote forest, in the midst of a blizzard, with a bf or a group of dear gay friends - with nothing we had to do and no place we had to be, except to be there with each other. [sigh]

 
At Tue Dec 19, 03:39:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Me... under a nice crisp white down comforter in a suite at the Hay Adams Hotel in Washington DC - snow on the ground, a beautiful view and that very special someone snuggled up next to me sound asleep...

 
At Tue Dec 19, 04:27:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

I loved Salzburg, remind me to send you some pictures I took when I went, It was so beautiful.

I'm with Lem, I've always wanted to spend a Christmas with my friends or loved one, just us.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 06:37:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

In a rented cabin in the Smokey mountains, alone, no one around to bother me, and a book to read. I'm am fed up with the Holidays for this season.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 07:41:00 AM PST, Blogger Brad said...

I'd have to say Orlando. There's a guy there that likes Christmas just as much as I do.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 08:02:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

hohoho
I am a homebody/with family sort for christmas.
I would stay at my parent's house all day and not step out once.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 12:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Doug said...

That's an easy one for me right now: Orlando.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 03:02:00 PM PST, Blogger Greg said...

I've always wanted to spend Christmas in Spain, walking through the snow in Segovia, eating paella in Madrid.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 04:25:00 PM PST, Blogger A Lewis said...

I'm liking the log cabin and definitely loved my trip to Salzburg...it was February when I was there. But I wanna throw out one of my favorite cities as a possibility.......it's an awesome place. Krakow, Poland.....check it out and email me for details

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Poland/photo309709.htm

 
At Tue Dec 19, 05:27:00 PM PST, Blogger Jason said...

Oh I like the idea of Salzburg, you make it sound so beautiful.
I would love to take a trip to Switzerland and have a kick ass time skiing with friends.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 07:14:00 PM PST, Blogger rodger said...

I think it would change yearly depending on my mood. My mood right now is the Awahnee Hotel in Yosemite. I really miss the valley and it's spectacular in winter. Only problem is it's filled with tourists for Christmas so I'd have to rent the entire place and that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 07:59:00 PM PST, Blogger Pete said...

I'm there with Lemuel.

 
At Tue Dec 19, 09:04:00 PM PST, Blogger john said...

It wouldn't have to be in my home, but it would have to be with my family--maybe a log cabin in the mountains (but without the dangerous drive up to it).

 
At Tue Dec 19, 11:31:00 PM PST, Blogger Mike said...

I spend most Christmases with my family in New Hampshire...it's very "Currier and Ives."

Places I'd love to experience Christmas: Paris, Quebec City, Maui, or Provincetown (I've never seen it in the snow.) And Salzburg looks gorgeous...I'll add it to my list.

 
At Tue Jan 09, 12:53:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas in Salzburg is stunning. The Christmas markets blow you away, and the whole atmosphere of the place is beautiful. It buzzes.

I just have to get back there in summer now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home